What's in my Bag!
Hi my loves!
I have luckily inherited some things from my mother throughout the years, and one of those things is definitely over stuffing my purse. My mums bag has to be like 70 pounds and has anything you could ever think of in it. I've carried on the family legacy of heavy bags and big butts and I'm here today to share with you everything I carry in my bag (sorry, not gonna be sharing any big butt info). When I first started watching YouTube videos I was obsessed with these "What's in my Bag" videos. Maybe it's because I'm nosey.. Or maybe because I need ideas on what else I can shove in my purse.
Recently, Mum, Lissie, and I went to Primark for some new fall clothes. The first thing I saw when I walked in was this super cute black purse with gold hardware. Did I go there for a new purse? No. Did I need a new purse? No. Did I justify buying this purse I didn't need or come for? Yes. Primark-1 Me-0. I'm actually really happy I got it though. It's smaller than my previous purses so that kinda calms me down when it comes to packing shit in there. There is only so much room and some things just didn't make the cut. I love the shoulder strap that's on it, it's so easy to just throw it on my shoulder so I can grab my coffee, phone, and lunch on my way to work. I also love the little clasp to close it. I hate when my bag is open because people are shady and you never know who's trying to reach into your shit girl! The details on the flap and the bottom part of the purse add a little extra flare, and you know I'm all about the extra flare. Now for the inside….
1. This is definitely the most used item in my bag, my wallet. I got this wallet for Christmas a few years ago. It's Michael Kors but I can't find the exact one online anywhere. There are plenty that are similar at Macy's. The compartments are nice and big and I've just gotten so used to it that I can't find one good enough to replace it.
2. The dynamic duo that I must have by my side at all times. My planner and my notebook. You never know when you're gonna have a really good idea that you need to write down. Whether it be an outfit idea, birthday present for someone, grocery list, new makeup product I want to try, blog post idea, whatever.. If I don't write it down, it's gone forever. I also keep my planner with me at all times to write down any appointments I have, plans with family or friends, when I'm planning on posting certain things, pretty much everything. I talk about these two more in my "How to Live a Positive and Productive Life" post if you want to check them out.
3. Going along with number 2, I always make sure I have my little pencil case with me (wow such a nerd). It's great to want to write things down but if you don't have a pen you're shit outta luck. This is actually a sunglasses case that I got from H&M. I always keep a few different color gel pens (I've been a sucker for gel pens since the 90s) because notes just look cuter when they're in hot pink! I also keep a highlighter and a Tide stick in there.
4. Hand sanitizer! I'm a little bit of a germ freak. It's definitely my mind playing tricks on me but sometimes (especially after taking the train) I can literally feel that my hands are dirty. I usually stock up on those little hand sanitizers from Bath and Body Works but I just ran out so I got this clip on one by Purell at Stop & Shop. I use this after my commute to work and also at restaurants after looking at the menu. Have you ever thought about how many people touch those menu's? Ehhhhk! Sanitize people!
5. Ladies out there (or guys with man buns, I don't discriminate) know how hard it is to keep track of hair elastics and bobby pins. I use this little change purse from Coach that I also got for Christmas a couple years ago to keep them all together and easy to find. If I had a dollar for every bobby pin or elastic I've ever lost... I'd be on a beach somewhere with an umbrella drink. You never know when you're gonna need to throw your hair up and handle business so this is a must have!
6. Does anyone else feel like their purse is a black hole for lip glosses? It's like every time I go to use a different bag I find the lip color I've been looking for for 3 months. I always have some type of Chapstick in my bag (usually Aquaphor), and a few different lip colors. Right now I have Buxom White Russian gloss, Colourpop matte lippie in Bianca, Kylie So Cute gloss and Lipland liquid lipstick in Spotlight. Plus the few little Aquaphors I hijacked from my doctor.
7. House keys! Self explanatory. I decided a while ago to put some nail polish on my keys so that I would be able to tell the difference between them since a couple of them look the same. Of course I gotta have my Italian charm to protect me from the evil eye (that's right bitches, we see you). My sister and I both have mustache keychains because well... You had to be there. I think it's fun to have some cute keychains and switch them up every once in a while.
8. If you know me, you know I've been obsessed with anything Buddha or Tibetan since I was younger. My cousin and I used to go to this Tibetan store 0n Martha's Vineyard all the time and I've been drawn to them ever since. I got this Buddha stone recently and it says to put it in your pocket or purse "to use as a reminder to live in the now". I definitely need help with that because I'm a bit of a worry wart so I'm always stressing about the future. Does it work? Who knows.. but it gives me a little peace of mind every time I see it.
9. Gotta represent for all my oily girls out there. I would not make it through a day without this Mac blotting powder. I need to run to Ulta and buy some more blotting sheets but for now I just use a tissue or paper towel to blot some of the oils off of my t-zone and then tap some of this over any areas that are a little too dewy which is usually everywhere.
That's all! Now trust me, if I were using one of my other (bigger) bags there would be a lot more to list. I've been trying to keep it simple and just pack the necessities. I do add a few more things in there when its that time of the month. I throw in some Ibuprofen pills for cramps and some tampons and panty liners. Ahhh, the joys of being a girl. I think I got a pretty good line up here. Can you think of anything I missed?
Until next time..