Favorite ColourPop Goodies!
Let's imagine I was being forced to move to a deserted island (a cute one though, one that does't have a lot of bugs or gross things) and I could only bring one make up brand with me. I would first complain… because I'm not really the "rough it" type and if I go over 2 and a half weeks without a gel mani my nail girl will seriously be pissed. After the whining is over, I would be packing up every ColourPop thing I own and heading to my island get away! (Fingers crossed its Bora Bora)
If you didn't get what I was trying to say with my little imagination-gone-wild intro, I'll simplify it… I literally can't live without ColourPop Cosmetics. The company has been around for about 2 years and they quickly took the top spot for me and I'm sure a lot of other beauty lovers. I want to share with you my favorite products, why I love them, and why you should buy one of each!
1. Ultra Matte Lip- I am 100% a matte lip girl. For some reason I don't think glossy lips look that good on me. In my eyes, ColourPop has mastered the matte liquid lipstick and what makes it even better is that every color is only $6. I've seen a lot of reviews saying the Ultra Matte Lips are too drying. They definitely do dry to a complete matte but it's all about the prep before applying the color (we'll get into that soon) that makes me love these Ultra Matte Lips as much as I do. My favorite color for the summer has to be Highball. The description of this color on their site says "You'll have plenty of Happy Hours in this hot red-pink" and I don't know about you but that sounds like the epitome of summer to me.
2. Lippie Pencil- A great thing about ColourPop is that most, if not all of their lip colors have a matching Lippie Pencil to go with it. These are the creamiest lip liners I've ever used. They have 60 different Lippie Pencils so you are sure to find the color you are looking for. These are all $5 each. They last forever too, you can sharpen them once they get dull. My go to color is Westie. I use it under all my nudes that need a little pink tint to them. It's so cute on its own too.
3. Lippie Primer- This product is a holy grail for me. I cannot wear a matte lip without this baby. It's apart of their Lippie Stix collection which are all $5 each as well. The online description says the primer "contains mango, avocado, and shea butter for moisture and Vitamin E, which soothes your lips." This is the first step in my matte lip routine. I apply the Lippie Primer, chose a Lippie Pencil and apply that all over the lips, and then go over that with my Ultra Matte Lip. Your color won't budge all night!
4. Super Shock Cheek in Lunch Money- I know the "in" thing right now is having your highlight shine so bright you could cause a car crash but I'm really not into that look… On me at least. Most days I don't highlight because I already have oily skin and that pretty much handles the dewy-ness for me. (kind of a blessing and a curse). On the days that I'm feeling a little extra sassy and want to glisten I reach for this. All of ColourPops blushes, bronzers, highlights and eyeshadows are a weird (good weird) formula. It's creamy not powdery and super easy to blend. The Super Shock Cheeks are their most expensive (single) items, ringing in at a whopping 8 bucks!
5. Super Shock Cheek in Bon Voyage- This is hands down my favorite bronzer ever! It's light compared to other bronzers but it's the perfect color (for me) to just bronze up the face and give myself a little color. This is also in the creamy formula that blends easily. This is a great bronzer for someone who's just starting out with makeup. This too is $8 and there are 6 different shades to choose from.
If I haven't convinced you to buy everything from ColourPop from now on, you may just be a lost cause. Kidding, but trust me.. buy one of these products and test it out. Their products are much more affordable than a lot of other makeup brands so you won't feel guilty filling up your cart! Make sure you sign up with your email to receive a $5 off discount code! They always have awesome deals and promos going on so make sure to follow them on their social media accounts to stay up to date!
That's all for now, until next time!
All pictures from ColourPop.com!